Participating Medical Insurances
- Aetna Medical only NOT AETNA VISION
- Care First Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna PPO (not HMO) NOT CIGNA VISION
- MDIPA/OPTIMUM CHOICE (REFERRAL IS REQUIRED)
- Medicare (Some Medicare Advantage Plans)
- United Healthcare NOT UNITED HEALTHCARE VISION
Participating Vision Plans
- Davis Vision (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
As of 05/16/2022, I do NOT participate with Spectera (UnitedHealthcare Vision)
Please note that I do not participate with Vision Service Plan (VSP)
A VISION PLAN covers a pre-paid routine eye exam. It is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from medical insurance. A routine eye exam includes a check of vision and prescription of glasses, along with a screening exam of eye health. A routine exam DOES NOT INCLUDE A CONTACT LENS CHECK OR PRESCRIPTION FOR CONTACT LENSES.
If you are coming in with symptoms such as redness, pain, itching or discharge, this is a MEDICAL eye exam which IS NOT COVERED BY VISION PLANS. Some patients may come in for a medical condition such as cataracts, glaucoma, or diabetes while also wanting a routine exam for glasses. In this case, they would have a routine exam for a vision check, as well as a medical exam for their medical diagnosis. Most medical insurance will cover a medical exam, although co-pays and deductibles may apply.